can’t start git: I downloaded Github for windows and installed it on my computer which is windows 10
And I tried to open a project with Android Studio but it says “Can’t start Git: git.exe” and “IDE error”
When I click “Fix it” it shows “Cannot run program “git.exe”: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified”.
So I googled and I tried to find git.exe file in my Github folder.
In my Github folder there is two folders: one is a project shared by my fried and the other one is “Git1″.
Git1 folder, there are only two files: “.gitattributes” and “.gitignore”
I can’t find “git.exe” file even with the search bar of windows.
How can I fix the error?
Its not a big deal. Now, I am going to show you how to fix this issue. Just follow the few step correctly.
- Download & Install the latest version of git.exe from the below link.
- After Install go to Android Studio.
- For Default project: Go to Configure>Setting(c) or, For single project: Go to File>Setting(c)> New Window will open.
- Now Go to Version Control(c)>Git(c).
- Now show the “Path to Git executable” by the click on […] or press Shift+Enter key.
- The default Path will be “C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe”.
- Click Apply and Ok. Thats it, the issue is fixed.
*****Thanks To All****